Interested in a job at South Rowan Academy? Please fill out the form below.
Positions we hire for:
- Lead teachers– The NC Early Childhood Credential is required, or EDU 119 coursework will need to be completed within 6 months of employment. An Early Childhood Degree is not required, but all lead teachers must have a high school diploma/GED and child care experience.
- Floaters (substitute teachers)-The NC Early Childhood Credential is recommended but not required. High school diploma or GED is required, along with some experience working with children.
- After School Teachers (usually part-time) – Must be at least 18 years old (or always work with another teacher), dependable, and enthusiastic about working with school-age children. Experience with school-age children is needed.
- Child Nutrition Worker (full time)- Plans menus, cooks and serves meals to the children, completes paperwork and monitors compliance with the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Requirements for Employment:
- Current criminal background check specific to child care through the NC Division of Child Development due prior to employment: https://ncchildcarecbc.nc.gov/
- TB Screening or Test due prior to employment: https://ncchildcare.ncdhhs.gov/Portals/0/documents/pdf/T/TB_Screening_or_Test_Record.pdf?ver=wsLWhxWgnHWXtl0zu5T3NQ%3d%3d
- Physical (completed within the past year), due within 30 days: https://ncchildcare.ncdhhs.gov/Portals/0/documents/pdf/S/Staff_Health_Assessment_Medical_Center.pdf?ver=8ZrF8tb7U4V9J8EiKFKejw%3d%3d
- Online Child Maltreatment training taken within 90 days of employment: https://www.preventchildabusenc.org/recognizing-responding-online-course/
- Online series of health and safety trainings taken within the first year. Information and instructions can be found here: https://ncchildcare.ncdhhs.gov/Provider/Training-and-Professional-Development/Training-Requirements/Health-and-Safety-Training-FAQs
- CPR & First Aid Training-due within six weeks of employment (extended during COVID). Inquire for more details about this as COVID has loosened the requirements. If you have this training or are seeking training, please be sure that it’s from an approved provider: https://ncchildcare.ncdhhs.gov/Portals/0/documents/pdf/C/cpr_first_aid_information_rev_2018.pdf?ver=2020-10-16-123306-653
- School-age Lead Teachers will need to take the class Basic School Age Care within 3 months: https://reg.abcsignup.com/reg/event_page.aspx?ek=0042-0007-dd31f1e0b06e4933bb6c0d00f78747f3
SRA receives funds from USDA and is an equal opportunity provider and employer.