Don’t miss out on interesting events. Visit this page from time to time for updates.
- Christmas Spirit Week, Dec. 14-18
- Monday: Grinch Day (wear all green or Grinch attire)
- Tuesday: Christmas Socks Day (wear your favorite pair of Christmas socks)
- Wednesday: Candy Cane Day (wear red & white)
- Thursday: Ugly Christmas Sweater Day (wear your ugliest Christmas sweater)
- Friday: Christmas PJ Day (wear your coziest Christmas PJs)
- Cabarrus Virtual Holiday Celebration, Friday, November 20, 6 p.m., Virtual Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, Channel 22. Includes musical performances, holiday cooking tips, reading of “Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and visit from Santa.
- Celebration of Lights & Winterland Express, Nov. 20-Dec. 30, Village Park, Kannapolis. Light displays, visit Santa in his studio, Kannapolis Singing Bears, and ride in the Winterland Express from 6-9 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and 6-10 p.m. Fridays & Saturdays. Tickets to ride the train and carousel are $6 per row. Train is reservation only. Call 704-920-4343.
- Christmas Tree Lighting, Saturday, November 21, 7 p.m., Hanna Park, China Grove
- NC Transportation Museum in Lights: A Drive-Thru Experience, Nov. 20-Dec. 30, 6 to 10 p.m., Spencer. Holiday light show, $8 per car or $15 per 12-15 passenger vans, mini-buses or shuttle buses. Gift station will be open.
- Holiday Night Out in Downtown Salisbury, Friday, November 27, 5 to 9 p.m., Salisbury. Enjoy live music, hot coca, crafts, kids’ activities, horse and carriage rides and more.
- Speedway Christmas, Nov. 21-Jan. 17, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord. For more information: https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/events/speedway-christmas/
- Christmas in the Grove, Saturday, December 19, 5 to 9 p.m., Swink Street, China Grove. Sledding, caroling, petting zoo, face painting, horse-drawn wagon, and hot chocolate, hot dogs, and drinks.