Waiting List Policy
Please read the following information BEFORE putting your child on our waiting list!
We understand that being on a waiting list can be frustrating. At this time, unfortunately, we are not able to enroll anyone from our waiting list. We will contact you as soon as that changes. Due to COVID19 and so many centers being closed, our waiting list is longer than usual. We also had a smaller than average number of spots available to pre-schoolers for two reasons: teachers have left due to COVID19, and school-age children have needed care. We hope to be able to open new classrooms ASAP and, at least, by the time school starts back (whenever that may be).
- How does the waiting list work? We divide the waiting list by classrooms. Normally, we have one 15 month to 2 year old classroom with six children, two 2-3 year old classrooms with nine children each, two 3-4 year old classrooms with ten children each, and one 4-5 year old classroom with thirteen children. We put your child on the corresponding classroom list by birth date. We then assess available openings in each class and go down the waiting list to fill those spots. Placing your child on the waiting list does not guarantee him/her a spot.
- How long is your waiting list? Our waiting list fluctuates a lot, depending on the time of year. We generally have about a half dozen children on the list for each classroom though.
- When will I hear from you about where I am on the list/an opening? When spots become available. This usually happens in late May or early June, when children graduate, age out, etc. We do update our waiting list (2-3 times a year) and will contact parents at that time to see if they still have a child care need and want to remain on the list.
- Why was someone else offered a spot before me? When offering a spot from our waiting list, we look at a number of factors, including requested start date and the child’s birth date. Also, as a courtesy to our SRA families, we give preference to siblings of currently enrolled children and to staff children. It is also possible for someone who applied after you to be offered a spot before you if any of the following apply: Your preferred start date is more than 30 days in the future, the opening is for a different age group, you did not return our calls within two (2) days, or your phone number is incorrect or disconnected.
- Can I come anytime for a tour? Tours will be scheduled and spots filled in the order that responses are received. Families who do not reply within one week will be removed from the waiting list.
- How long can my child remain on your waiting list? Children will only remain on the waiting list for a total of 12 months (unless their preferred start date is after) and then be removed. If you have been on the waiting list for nearly 12 months, you can contact us to keep your child on the list.
- If my child remains on the waiting list after he/she reaches toddler or preschool age, do I go to the bottom of the list or the top? Your child’s name is added to the toddler or preschool waiting list by your original call date. His/her name will be higher on the list than those who called to be put on the list after you did and lower on the list than those who called before you did.
- Does it cost anything to be put on your waiting list? No, we do not charge to put your child’s name on the waiting list. However, if you are contacted for an opening, a non-refundable $30 registration fee and a deposit of one-week’s tuition should be paid within three days to secure the spot. If it is not paid, you risk losing that spot to the next person on the waiting list.
- How will I know there is an opening available? When an opening becomes available for your child, you are contacted and offered the spot. Parent must respond within two (2) business days to either accept or decline the opening.
- What requirements are there to enroll after accepting an opening? Upon acceptance of an opening, we can only hold a spot for two weeks. Please be aware, since we are holding a spot for your child, should you change your mind about his/her enrollment, the one-week tuition deposit is non-refundable after 48 hours. If your child does enroll, the deposit is credited toward your first week’s tuition.
To create a reservation for your child’s admission to South Rowan Academy of Child Development, please fill out the form below.