We aim to nurture all aspects of child development through promoting strong academic success, practicing daily health and fitness, and sharpening minds with recreational activities. South Rowan Academy of Child Development understands that school-age children spend most of their time at school dealing with their assignments, schoolmates, and extracurricular activities.
When they are not in a classroom, they unconsciously seek to explore different things that interest them most. They will crave for learning opportunities to establish vital skills for their future. In response to this need for continual learning outside the four walls of the classroom, we provide a variety of enriching activities such as indoor or outdoor sports, and seasonal crafts and projects.
Do you need Before and/or After School care for your 5 to 12-year-old child? If so, we have just the place! Check out our cost-effective, fun before and after school programs. We offer an After School program at Bostian Elementary and a Before/After School program at China Grove Elementary. For our main location at South Rowan Academy, we accept DSS-subsidy for your convenience.
Before/After School programs (5-12 years):
The After School program offered at South Rowan Academy is for subsidized children only. To qualify, parents must contact the Department of Social Services at 704-216-8330. Click here for more information.
We offer two before/after school programs off site at Bostian Elementary and China Grove Elementary in their gyms.
Registration Fee (annual): $30 per child
Deposit ($138-$174 – based on age)
To enroll, parents must pay the registration fee PLUS one-week’s tuition (both are NON-REFUNDABLE if your child does not attend. The tuition can be used toward your first week if your child starts here.)
Full-Time Rates (11 days or more per month):
|Before & After School||$186/month|
(NOTE: The rates above are FULL-TIME rates based on attendance of 11 or more days a month. These rates DO NOT include school holidays. Full day holiday care is a separate fee of $25 per day for those enrolled and $30 per day for those not enrolled (or teacher’s kids).
Multi-Child Discount: $10 discount for each additional child enrolled with the same family (this discount will go toward the oldest child’s tuition or the lowest tuition rate). This is available ONLY for full-time enrollees.
Part-time (10 days or less per month):
- Before School: $41/month
- After School: $82/month
Transportation: We transport children to the SRA Subsidized After School and China Grove Elementary site from the following schools (if we have at least three children enrolled): Landis, Millbridge, Knollwood, and Bostian.
- $36/month per child (each additional child receives a $10 discount)
- $16/month per child (attending PART-TIME 8-10 days/month)
- $12/month per child (attending PART-TIME 6-7 days/month)
- $6/month per child (attending PART-TIME 1-5 days/month)
School Closings (Teacher Workdays and Holidays)
If you need care for the upcoming teacher workdays or holiday closings (that SRA is open), please sign up on SignUp.com at least ONE WEEK prior. The location will be determined by how many children we have enrolled, which is why we need parents to sign up now.
- Cost is $25/day per child ENROLLED in one of our programs and $30/day per child for teacher’s children OR children not currently enrolled in one of our programs.
- NOTE: Costs are only refundable if at least a week’s notice is given (with exceptions for sickness or extenuating circumstances). You are can email us at this address, call us at the main number or text us at the number below if your child will NOT be attending after signing him/her up.
- Children MAY go on a field trip on school closing days. Trips will be an extra cost. Please pay for trips in cash. More information about field trips will follow to those who sign up.
- To pay tuition: Enrollsy payment portal. Payment is due by the date your child attends. You can also pay by cash or check at the office (417 N. Main St., China Grove).
Instructions on how to sign up on SignUp.com:
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click these links to see our SignUp on SignUp.com:
- Teacher Workday (Feb. 5-e-learning day, Feb. 14, Feb. 17, March 13)
- Holiday (Nov. 27, Dec. 23, Dec. 30-31 (closing at 4 p.m. on 31st), Jan. 2-3, April 6-9
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
If your child has been approved for enrollment, you can enroll online here: Enrollment Form
You will receive ADDITIONAL paperwork that must be completed before your child can start. Please make sure you are aware of tuition due dates and you start your child on a date when you can pay the tuition at the proper time.