SRA Mission Statement
South Rowan Academy’s mission is to provide quality childcare to children ages 15 months to five years through a fun learning environment that will assist them in developing a firm foundation of values and educational skills. We also seek to provide a quality before and after school programs that are both fun and rewarding for children ages five to 12 years old.
Goals of South Rowan Academy
- To accept unconditionally each child for what he or she is as a person.
- To treat each child with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- To be constantly aware and considerate of each child’s feelings.
- To be aware of safety conditions in the classroom, play areas, or while on field trips at all times.
- To allow each child to have opportunities for appropriate decision making in order to promote the development of independence.
- To give each child the opportunity to develop physically in a safe and secure environment.
- To provide an environment which enhances each child’s opportunities to develop and maintain a positive self-image.
- To give each child opportunities for success and achievement every day.
- To provide each child with an environment that stimulates curiosity and enhances intellectual growth.
- To give each child responsibilities that will increase independence.
- To help instill in each child a love of learning.
- To listen carefully to what each child has to say in order to foster a sense of self worth.
- To demonstrate respect for each child at all times.
- To give each child unconditional love at all times.
- To make sure that each staff member is a proper role model for every child at all times.
- To emphasize the importance of good manners and good morals.
- To respect and appreciate individual differences among the children and to encourage each child to do the same.
- To help each child understand the meaning of “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
Click Here for the History of South Rowan Academy