Click here to meet the staff of South Rowan Academy, including the administration and teachers!
SRA Mission Statement
South Rowan Academy’s mission is to provide quality childcare to children ages 15 months to five years through a fun learning environment that will assist them in developing a firm foundation of values and educational skills. We also seek to provide a quality before and after school programs that are both fun and rewarding for children ages five to 12 years old.
Goals of South Rowan Academy
- To accept unconditionally each child for what he or she is as a person.
- To treat each child with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- To be constantly aware and considerate of each child’s feelings.
- To be aware of safety conditions in the classroom, play areas, or while on field trips at all times.
- To allow each child to have opportunities for appropriate decision making in order to promote the development of independence.
- To give each child the opportunity to develop physically in a safe and secure environment.
- To provide an environment which enhances each child’s opportunities to develop and maintain a positive self-image.
- To give each child opportunities for success and achievement every day.
- To provide each child with an environment that stimulates curiosity and enhances intellectual growth.
- To give each child responsibilities that will increase independence.
- To help instill in each child a love of learning.
- To listen carefully to what each child has to say in order to foster a sense of self worth.
- To demonstrate respect for each child at all times.
- To give each child unconditional love at all times.
- To make sure that each staff member is a proper role model for every child at all times.
- To emphasize the importance of good manners and good morals.
- To respect and appreciate individual differences among the children and to encourage each child to do the same.
- To help each child understand the meaning of “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
Click Here for the History of South Rowan Academy